Kalida Pioneer Days
Chicken Wing Challenge
Date: Pioneer Sunday
Time: 2:30 – 7:00 PM
Where: Kalida Pioneer Days – Kalida, Ohio
Event Site: Adjacent to the Big Dance Tent
Sponsored by The Meadows of Kalida
- Rule #1 is to have FUN!
- There will be one division with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash prizes as follows: First Place $250 Second Place $150 Third Place $100
- Wings will be judged by an independent panel. Wings will be judged for sauce, uniqueness, and overall flavor.
Any seasoning/ingredient necessary to create that unique taste is acceptable and encouraged. Each contestant will need to provide 15 wings for the judging that will start at 3:30 PM.
- An overall People’s Choice will be awarded and the winner will receive a Recognition Plaque/Trophy.
- People’s Choice ballots will be distributed at the main gate. In order for the ballot to be official, each must be stamped / marked by at least 2 contestants.
- Entry fee will be $50.00 and must accompany entry form.
- All wings must be cooked and prepared at the festival site. Gas & charcoal grills and gas deep fryers are allowed. No electric deep fryers are permitted!. Each contestant will supply their own wings.
- Contestants can sell wings at their discretion. Suggested price: $0.50 each.
- All beverages will be sold and provided by Kalida Pioneer Days. A refreshment stand will be located at the Chicken Wing Challenge site.
- Each contestant will be given a 10′ x 10′ space for their cooking or serving area. There will be no open flames allowed directly under any tent or awning.
- Two standard 8 ft. table will be provided. Folding chairs are also available if needed.
- Wings must be ready to serve by 2:30 PM. Pioneer Days Parade starts at 1:30 PM. Contestants need to be set up before 1:00 PM due to street closures during the parade.
- Each contestant will be responsible for providing serving plates, napkins, etc.
- Each entry will be responsible for obtaining a temporary food service permit through the Putnam County Health Department.
Chicken Wing Challenge Official Entry Form
Team Name ____________________________________________________________
Contestant Contact: ______________________________________________________
Phone # : ___________________________________________________
Note: $50 enry fee MUST accompany this form.
Entry deadline is August 23.
Make checks payable to: Kalida Pioneer Days, Inc.
Mail completed form and check to:
P. O. Box 252
Kalida, Ohio 45853
If you have any questions, contact Rick Kortokrax at 419-532-3261 or Albert Verhoff at 419-532-2093.
Space is limited, so get your entry in early!!!!